Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Beginning

This is my first ever blog. And I have no idea what I'm doing here. There's part of me who wants terribly to be somebody else and part of being that new and improved me somehow (?) involves the mandate to blog. It probably has something to do with that new and improved me being modeled after people whose lives I envy; who are always full of adventure and coolness. Is it possible (and I send this out as a hypothetical question to the universe) that the trick is simply making it LOOK like you're constantly having the time of your life? That would answer the question of why having a blog is so incredibly important. Maybe I can even trick myself into thinking that my life is bigger and better. And if I CAN trick myself, then it's not really a trick anymore; it's reality. And then I have truly accomplished what I set out to do.

So that's the purpose of this blog, to have a public forum in which to create my reality, to document the changes that come as I grow older, and to openly be blatantly honest, which is another thing that is so attractive about blogging. There's a freedom that comes with a format that is 100% available to anyone and everyone, yet not imposed upon anyone. I can say the things that I have to say without fear of boring anyone or causing discomfort. The most painful thing about social interaction, at least for me, is when someone is making you uncomfortable and you can't escape without being rude. The worst part is that I often feel that it's me that's the boor. And I can't help myself! I often get so clogged up with all of the things that I want to say and then I vomit the soonest chance I get, whether it be on an unsuspecting friend or the captive (meaning they can't leave) classroom. I'm hoping that blogging will help.

And so dearest friends, feel free to accompany me on my newest journey or don't. Either way. And thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment